Friday, March 21, 2014

On The Table -- Chaos Conversions and a leg.

So in the spirit of posting more regularly, I have decided to start posting two new thematic blog updates aside from simply posting my most recently completed work.
The first of these will be On the Table, my currently half created or half baked ideas that litter the corners of my workspace pleading to be finished.
And the second will be 12 Year Old Ham. Which is basically flashbacks showcasing the horrible creations of my youth with some nice contrasts to my newer models.

Today I am focusing on some near finished chaos conversions and a mysterious leg that has found its way onto my table.


This is the first of two Chaos Space Marines that sit almost finished on my desk. I strongly feel that my traitors need to be decorated more to bring them in line with the newer dark vengeance and raptor sculpts. And while I am no citadel sculptor, there's a lot you can do with thin plasticard and greenstuff with little to no skill.



This traitor is made from three kits, the forge world heresy era autocannon kit, a finecast havok torso that went unused when I made my nurgle havoks, and a regular CSM sprue. It also has a skeleton I stole from my mates box of random skeletons.



For some reason my broken Iphone decided to greenwash these photos, but until I can find employment, work for months and buy a new camera --- I just have to deal with its temperamental nature.
I am a particular fan of the Renegade Militia etched brass from forgeworld, and used a small peice of it cut in half here on the autocannon. I also love the skeleton strapped onto the barrel and that particular helmet on the chaos sprue.


This second traitor is themed after the ashen bones of the dead - which is quite evident. He is magnetized to wield either a meltagun or a flamer, and his helmet is a Mk III iron armor helm from forgeworld.
One of the skeletal hands that make up his bone gorget has fallen off mysteriously here, but I do quite like the effect. On his right shoulder more hands hold up a pile of bones which are then chained on to the shoulder, and the other has a skull skewered through the eyes. His backpack is the happy fusion of a regular CSM backpack and a spare I had from my Kranon the Relentless duplicate from Dark Vengeance.
He is more than a tiny bit over the top, but I really like his 'character'



And here is the promised leg, immediately not a mystery to almost anyone -- its actually pretty obvious.

I am currently at the 'wash' stage on this paint job, and there's plenty of messy bits that need to be cleaned up, but I like it overall.
Unfortunately --- And i throw this out there as a word of warning -- Do not try blu-tac camo schemes in the Australian summer, the sun managed to basically melt the blu-tac and now i'm left with horrible unsightly imperfections in between the camo. This is also in part to having a horrible air brush that half broke during the process and spat a huge amount of paint at my model to my shock and terror -- So yes, part tide mark, part blu-tac filth.

At tabletop distance however, this model is going to be one respectable monster.

Thanks for taking the time to read everyone, if you like what you see please follow my blog - And as usual I'd love any comments, suggestions, or words of wisdom.
Hopefully by next week my current project will be completed and I can post up a new model.

No comments:

Post a Comment