Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Faeit 212 welcome! - Now with more Decimators!

First and foremost a huge thank you to Natfka over at Faeit 212 for adding me to the blog exchange. It is a huge thing to tiny bloggers like me to be thrust into the spotlight for a second, and I am very grateful.
Secondly - Thankyou for taking the time visiting my blog and I hope you like what you see and continue to watch as it evolves.

I knew I had to post something a little less commonly seen in celebration of being added to the blog roll, so this weeks offering is my Chaos Decimator Siege Engine.



So this weeks post is a bit of a gallery, I'd love to hear what you think...




The Decimator model was an absolute treat to paint (in a manner of speaking) - The detail was fantastic and the quality of the cast was excellent as well. The conversion beamer was a little warped but it didn't bother me too much. Unfortunately when I first received my Decimator I was given 4 shins and no upper arms, but a quick skype call later had the arms sent to me immediately. Amazingly I received the arms a week later, express posted all the way to Australia, I was impressed enough to forgive the initial mistake.


Unfortunately I didn't take many photos of its construction, However as you may be able to tell I decided to paint it one segment at a time and build it from the ground up. As I had no faith in resin, I pinned the model in every join.







I mentioned that the Decimator was 'mostly' a treat to paint, and it was - But here is where it got painful; The cabling. The extreme level of detail and the sheer number of cables and parts to paint became an exercise in tedium and frustration, especially when in the back of my mind I knew most of my work would soon be covered up by large shoulder guards.





Unfortunately that's all the photos of the build, but I will say here that it was a mission to make, and incredibly satisfying. Unfortunately it still hasn't performed nearly as well on the table as it does on the shelf.








Thanks for taking a look, I hope you liked it! Please follow my blog to see more creations and throw me some suggestions and painting tips - I'll be sure to incorporate them and would be grateful.

As a parting picture: Procrastinator, the Chibi Decimator (born from those moments at the painting table when you just can't lift the brush to the model.)





No comments:

Post a Comment