Saturday, October 12, 2013

Genesis - From the Warp they come!

Hi! Welcome to my blog and its inaugural post. I will keep things short and sweet before you get bored and run away.

I started collecting 40k when I was a young teen about a decade ago and spent several years painting some rather horrible looking paint jobs. After a while high school took over and I became far less interested in tiny plastic men. As age and money crept to me, my desire to paint tiny things resurfaced and two years ago I decided it was time for my Chaos army to be reborn. (The release of dark vengeance did much to inspire this).

This will be the first post in a chain of posts focusing on painting and modelling, with the occasional gripe about this or that. I'm not fantastic, I'm nowhere near as good as some people out there, but for me that is the point of writing this - I want to showcase what people at the mid level of this hobby can achieve with patience and effort - and encourage others to do the same!


These cultists were the first new models I painted, and even in a short space of time I can see I have improved since then. Enough words, time for some pictures.

The Flame Cultist was a treat to paint, I particularly enjoyed my first effort at free hand detail on the fuel tank.


For me it is very important that models never look identical. This is a cult rabble not a line army, so I was adamant about taking my first small steps as a converter to make them look slightly different. I put the duplicate models next to each other.



They did all receive basing jobs in the end, I settled on "lava rock flows' for my army. But they would not be a cult without a traitor marine to look up to...

No comments:

Post a Comment